Here at i-to-i TEFL we pride ourselves on a few different things… our knowledge of TEFL, our passion for the best service possible and our enthusiasm for a slice of decent cake… If you’re looking for a company who are hard working and professional, as well as being fun and enthusiastic about all things TEFL, we might just be the perfect match for you.
TEFL Tutors Wanted!
If you’re a talented TEFL teacher trainer with 3 years’ teaching experience and availability weekdays and/or weekends, then we want to hear from you! We’re seeking enthusiastic, inspirational tutors to deliver our intensive practical TEFL courses.
i-to-i, established in 1994, are the world’s leading provider of online and short-course TEFL certification, with 15,000 graduates per year. We are looking for dynamic, experienced tutors to work with us and teach our practical classroom based TEFL courses. As well as developing tutees’ practical skills, the tutor needs to inspire and motivate participants, giving them the confidence to teach in a real classroom. If you’re looking for a company who are hardworking and professional, as well as being fun and enthusiastic about all things TEFL, we might just be the perfect match for you!
The course is designed to be practical, focussing on lesson planning, classroom management, and skills for teaching new language. Tutees also deliver short practice lessons to their peers. Tutor duties to include:
- Deliver our courses which includes:
- Teaching TEFL methodology and language analysis
- Running interactive activities
- Facilitating discussion
- Giving teaching demonstrations
- Organising peer teaching practice
- Giving oral feedback
- Provide TEFL career advice
- Promote i-to-i products and services to customers
- Complete course administration in a timely manner (approximately one hour per course)
The successful applicant will be required to attend a minimum of one TEFL course for observation and training purposes. Please note this is unpaid.
Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory references. Tutors are employed as freelancers and are required to make their own tax arrangements.
- A DELTA qualification or equivalent qualification strongly preferred
- Three years’ teaching experience (ideally overseas)
- The ability to motivate and inspire!
- A strong commitment to customer service
- A passion for teaching overseas and inspiring our students to achieve their dreams!
- Expert user of English
- Strong language awareness
- Familiarity with communicative methodology and PPP
- A broad knowledge of the current TEFL job market
- Excellent payment for each course delivered
- Full training from i-to-i on how to teach the course
- All the resources you’ll need for your students
- The opportunity for additional earnings when extra courses are in demand
Successful applicants will also have the full support of our fantastic Operations Team. Please note travel expenses to and from course locations are not made as an additional payment. This would be part of the course payment received.
- South Africa
- United States
- United Kingdom
More details on specific locations can be found on our website (https://www.i-to-i.com/tefl-courses/find-my-nearest-tefl-course.html)
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Champion needed!
We’re looking for a very special person to join our customer support team. You’ll be experienced in handling customers through previous roles and working to serve their needs. You should love speaking to customers, giving a personal service and finding solutions.
i-to-i, established in 1994, are the world’s leading provider of online and short-course TEFL certification, with 15,000 graduates per year. We also offer teaching internships and travel experiences, plus a jobs board to find the perfect position after training. If you’re looking for a company who are hardworking and professional, as well as being fun and enthusiastic about all things TEFL, we might just be the perfect match for you!
- Providing excellent service to our course and travel customers through phone calls to address customer needs personally. In addition identifying other requirements and product options
- Handling customer enquiries through phone calls, Live chat and emails
- Processing course certificates and liaison with printers/couriers
- Recording accurate records of customers, transactions and contact
- Assistance with jobs advice and recruitment for positions as required working with individual to identify suitable positions from our range and jobs board or pointing them in the right direction
- Taking part in the team rota to handle our 24/7 emergency phone cover (normally once a month)
- At least 2-years of experience working in a customer service environment
- Experience working in an SME environment preferable
- Proven experience of solving customer queries and issues, particularly over the phone
- Proven experience of using Excel, Word, Outlook
- Strong written English
- Solution focused, can-do attitude
- Positive mind set
- High personal standards
- £18k to £22k per annum based on your experience level
- 25 days annual leave
- Full-time at Leeds head office – Chantry House, Victoria Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS5 3JB
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com