• Dedicated, detailed tutor feedback
  • Learn the basic theory of TEFL
  • Study online on your tablet, computer or phone
  • Ideal if you want to do TEFL voluntary work
  • Available online from anywhere in the world

Saveup to 70% on TEFL courses

Offers end Friday 28th June

Course Summary

Did you know? You don’t need to have any previous experience to take any of our TEFL courses, just a passion for teaching!

Your 60 Hour TEFL Course Guide

TEFL 60: the online TEFL taster

Intrigued by TEFL and what it really means to teach English abroad? Our 60 hour online TEFL course was made for you!

In just 3 weeks you could have completed a 60 Hour TEFL Course which will equip you with all the necessary teaching tools to start your TEFL journey. Whether you’re planning to travel with a spot of teaching along the way or want to volunteer to gain experience this is a brilliant introduction to TEFL.

Complete the online course without ever leaving your house at your own pace, fit it around your life, work or studies. Before you know it you’ll be finishing your course ready to put your brand new teaching skills into practice.

Only UK Regulated TEFL Qualification

Quality training means top jobs

Ofqual-regulated TEFL training. A mark of quality employers will recognise – making you super employable. Check out your shiny certificate here.

Course breakdown

TEFL School children

How it works

We understand that you want to get TEFL qualified and quick which is why we’ve created the 60 hour online course. You’ll gain the practical knowledge to plan, develop and deliver great lessons together with basic theory behind TEFL.

The whole course is hosted online so you’re in complete control of how and when you study. You’ll have access to the course for 35 days but we’ve found that most of our students complete it in 3 weeks.

Packed full of quizzes, videos and real-life classroom scenarios, you won’t find any lengthy essays to read or boring lectures here! Plus you’ll get constructive feedback along the way from your tutor.

TEFL teachers and students in group picture

What will I learn?

Get a taste for TEFL

Learn the basics to TEFL and get a solid practical grounding in what it means to teach English abroad. Here’s a selection of the things you’ll cover:

• Practical lesson planning tools
  • Teaching vocabulary and grammar
  • Managing your classroom effectively
  • Turn TEFL theory into practice

The 60 hours will fly by and when you reach the end of your course you’ll be ready for your first TEFL challenge.

Module breakdown

Want to know what you’ll be doing? Here’s a brief overview of the online modules:

1. Planning a Lesson

Learn how to set out a lesson plan and what to include in it so you deliver the most effective lesson.

Lesson content graphic

2. Lesson Content

Deliver grammar and vocabulary lessons which are engaging for your students and help build their reading, writing, speaking and listening skills.

3. Making it work in the classroom

Transfer the theory you’ve learnt into practice in the classroom.

4. Course assessment

Demonstrate what you’ve learnt through a multiple choice test and written assessment before joining the world of TEFL

5. Taking it further

Discover where TEFL can take you and hear from real-life qualified teachers

Here for you

If you’re completely new to the world of TEFL going it alone with the online course can seem a bit daunting. Never fear! You’ll have the support of one of our expert tutors marking your assignments and giving you constructive feedback along the way.

For the duration of your TEFL course you’ll have the help of our friendly support team at your fingertips who’ll be able to answer any questions you might have about the course.

Director of Studies, Alexa Randell

Academic Assistant , Jenni Fogg

Gayle Norman TEFL tutor

TEFL Tutor, Gayle Norman

TEFL Tutor, Lindsey Cottle

TEFL Tutor, Stuart Fassam

TEFL Tutor, Penny Campbell

TEFL Tutor, Meryl Burgess

TEFL Tutor, Wendy Rogers

TEFL Tutor, Teresa Jacobs

TEFL Tutor, Annie da Silva

TEFL Tutor, Peter Bowdery

TEFL Tutor, Debbie Hooper

TEFL Tutor, Paul Myers

Flexible to fit around you

The beauty of our online courses is that they’re available around the clock from anywhere in the world. So whether you like to study when the sun comes up or you hit the books when everyone’s asleep, you’ll always be able to access the course.

As long as you’ve got internet access you’ll be able to log on and complete your TEFL course so whether you’re at home or on the move you can be moving closer to your dream of a TEFL career.

Desktop, tablet and mobile examples for using the i-to-i website

I decided get my TEFL so I could make my CV stand out a little bit more.... 6 months later and I’m proud to say I did it! Everyone was so helpful & the people I met on my practice course were so lov... More

24th June 2019

Absolutely loved studying through this organisation, the staff are always friendly and are always willing to help. I had some things I was unsure about but I just gave the customer queries and they he... More

23rd June 2019

An excellent course and fantastic learning experience. Thank you.

23rd June 2019

A fantastic course ,really feel that it is going to be of great help for me in my journey into the world of teaching English.Thank you.

23rd June 2019

The course was very useful and i learned a lot even though i've been teaching for quite awhile now. It did take a lot of time but i was glad i had the time to do it. I can see how this can be really h... More

21st June 2019

I-to-I offers a great amount of courses to prepare a teacher for an environment of foreign learners. Their support staff is punctual and friendly, and the courses are well worth the money. Fully recom... More

21st June 2019

After having problems with online payment, they immediately phoned me and the problem were resolved. Excellent service.

20th June 2019

It was a really good experience and will continue to learn through i-to-i everyone very helpfull at all times really on the ball. Thanks to the team

20th June 2019

I find the courses stimulating and as a woman over 60 it's fun to learn in this new way. The challenge of writing the lesson plans and essays is helpful in the way that it's important to understand an... More

19th June 2019

Jennifer our teacher was great, she was very knowledgeable and made the class fun. I loved all the interactive presentations and working with my classmates. We had a great group in our class that made... More

19th June 2019

FAQs - your questions answered

"Can I teach full-time with the 60 hour TEFL course?"

If you’re wanting to become a full-time TEFL teacher we’d recommend either our 120 hour online TEFL course or to really boost your earning potential and career prospects take our 300 hour online TEFL course. The 60 hour TEFL course is ideal if you’re wanting a taste of what TEFL is like or to teach abroad as part of voluntary work.

"How do I get started?"

Once you've purchased the course, you'll receive an email with an activation link. Once you click on this, your course will begin. You can login from any device (desktop, tablet or mobile) and from any location with Wi-Fi access (The beauty of an online course).
But even with it all being online, you're never alone. Our friendly team is on-hand to support you with any questions or difficulties you may have.

"Do I get feedback? "

Feedback is how we grow and develop our skills, so even though you'll complete your module tasks online, you're still get useful feedback. You'll receive feedback as you progress through the course, so you can make sure you're on track and you'll also receive in-depth help at the end of the course from our experienced TEFL tutors. With this feedback you'll gain the confidence you need to make your TEFL journey a roaring success.

The UK’s trusted TEFL provider

Our qualifications have been approved by Gatehouse Awards, the awarding organisation recognised by Ofqual . Make your CV stand out from the crowd with a TEFL qualification from i-to-i.

ofqual-iconWho are Ofqual?

Ofqual is the British exam watchdog and their job is to ensure qualifications awarded are of the highest standard. An Ofqual stamp of approval on your qualification will be recognised worldwide and is highly respected by employers, pushing your resume to the top of the pile and getting you your dream TEFL job!

Why is it important to me?

There’s plenty of TEFL jobs out there but competition is tough, which is why you need to stand out from your peers. With a qualification from i-to-i you’ll have a qualification which has been independently checked to the highest standards, providing you with the best, so you can be the best.

odlqcDid you know?

We’ve also received independent accreditation from the ODLQC (Open & Distance Learning Quality Council) which is recognised by employers across the globe giving you a qualification which will give you the best start on your TEFL journey.

Regulated, accredited and trusted.

Take a look at what your i-to-i qualification could look like

With so many TEFL courses out there it’s hard to know what to look for so here’s our top tips:

• English Government Regulated - Make sure that the course you’re about to start has been independently checked and leads to a regulated qualification. The Ofqual seal of approval gives employers the confidence that you’ve got the best qualification, practically guaranteeing you a job.
  • Experience - With over 24 years’ experience in TEFL we’ve carved the path for TEFL courses. Since the world’s first weekend TEFL course in 1994 leading to the world’s first online TEFL course in 2001 we know our way around a TEFL course!
  • Help & Support - You’re bound to have questions during your course so make sure you’ll get the support you need. Our TEFL courses come with a personal tutor so you can tap into their TEFL wisdom along the way.

Why i-to-i?

Quality

Quality & value

Our qualifications open doors all over the world, we’re accredited & regulated by all the right people and innovation is kind of our thing.

Support

Support & advice

We know this is all new to you – but we make it new ‘exciting’ not new ‘scary’. And we’ll hold your hand as tight, and for as long, as you need.

Knowledge

Experience & knowledge

We wrote the book on this stuff,we’ve been around the longest and have handed out more TEFL courses than anyone – about 182,000 and counting.