170 Hour Combined TEFL Course

(4399 reviews)
$284.10 was $947.00

Offer ends: Friday 7th August

left to save
  • Essential 120 Hour Online TEFL Course
  • 30-hour Become an Online Tutor Add-On Course
  • 20 hour Classroom TEFL Course
  • UK Government regulated qualification ?
  • Support & feedback from qualified tutors
  • Study flexibly online on your computer, tablet or phone
  • Recognised and respected by employers around the world
  • FREE Flexi-Course option: Book now, pick a date later ?

Course Summary

TEFL 170: Boost your online teaching career

Our 170 Hour Combined TEFL Course will give you all the same essential training as our 150 Hour Online TEFL Course – but with the added bonus of 20 hours of practical TEFL training too. Designed especially for those who want to teach English online (as well as abroad), this double-award course will provide you with 120 hours of fundamental TEFL learning on top of a dedicated 30-hour Add-On Course to help you learn to teach English online.

Whether you’re keen to start a career in online teaching, or you just want to gain some experience before jetting off to teach in far-flung TEFL destinations, this course will give you expert preparation for both! Created by our team of highly qualified TEFL tutors, the online portion will take place on our learning platform, which is accessible 24/7 from any device, allowing you to study flexibly around your lifestyle.

When it comes to the practical training, you’ll be able to choose a date and location that suits you. When you enrol, you can either choose the dates or opt for our flexi option, which allows you to choose a date later down the line. Simple! And you won’t need any teaching experience to get started – our courses are specifically developed for those who’re new to teaching, so we’ll take from TEFL newbie to pro in a matter of weeks. With the help of our experienced tutors who’re on-hand on emails, phone or our web chat service, you’ll be qualified and ready to start teaching before you know it.

Ofqual regulated icon
Quality training means top jobs

With regulation from UK Government department, Ofqual, a certificate from i-to-i will propel your TEFL career from day one! Check out your shiny certificate here.

Group studying
Computer

How much money could you earn?

Find out how much you could earn teaching English online!

Calculate salary »
Woman on laptop abroad left rip

Course breakdown

• How it works

Through the ease of access to the online portion of your 170 Hour Combined TEFL Course – right through to the flexibility of choosing your practical course venue and location, this training has been designed to fit in around any lifestyle.

As soon as you get enrolled, either online or over the phone, you’ll receive your confirmation email which contains the login details for your course. And it’s up to you whether you want to activate it and start learning straight away or leave it for a few months until you’ve got a bit more time on your hands.

Then, work through at your own pace, unit-by-unit, until you reach the Course Assessment section, where you’ll be given three attempts to pass the multiple-choice test and submit your own lesson plan with a supporting essay. Before you know it, you’ll be TEFL qualified and ready to start teaching!

• What will I learn?

Designed for those new to TEFL, this Course will give you everything from the very basics to more in-depth aspects, to give you a well-rounded understanding of this unique form of teaching.

To break it down, you’ll cover:

• Lesson planning – You’ll get to grips with structuring your own lesson plans, knowing how to start with a warmer, move onto fillers and end with coolers.
    • Lesson content – Following this, you’ll get into the topics you’ll be covering in your classes, how to teach these and using resources to illustrate your subjects.
    • Classroom management – The practical aspect of TEFL teaching can be just as important as the theory. Learn how to control your class, manage behaviour and create a good teaching environment.
    • Teaching English online – Starting with getting set up as an online English teacher, this add-on course will get you fully prepared to start your online teaching career.

• Module breakdown

Want to see exactly what you’ll be learning about? Here’s a breakdown of all of the modules you’ll go through online:

120 Hour Online TEFL Course

1. Introduction to TEFL
    2. Teaching methodologies
    3. Planning a Lesson
    4. Lesson Content
    5. Course Assessment
    6. Taking it Further

30-hour Become an Online Tutor Add-On

1. Introduction
    2. Getting set up / the technical requirements
    3. Employment options
    4. Teaching young learners & one-to-one
    5. Assessment

• The Classroom Course

Over a weekend of your choosing (either during or after your online training), you’ll be enrolled onto a 2-day practical TEFL Course where you’ll get face-to-face training with an experienced tutor.

Here’s the timetable for the two days:

Day 1
    9.00-9.15 Welcome & course aims
    9.15-10.30 TEFL principles
    10.30-11.00 Break
    11.00-12.30 Teaching new language
    12.30-1.30 Lunch
    1.30-3.00 Grammar & error correction
    3.00-3.15 Break
    3.15-5.30

(time may vary)

Teaching Practice 1
    5.30-6.00 Day 1 reflection
    Day 2
    9.00-9.30 Review
    9.30-10.30 Pronunciation
    10.30-11.00 Break
    11.00-12.30 Teaching reading & listening
    12.30-1.30 Lunch
    1.30-2.30 Using coursebooks
    2.30-2.45 Break
    2.45-5.00

(time may vary)

Teaching Practice 2
    5.00-5.30 Day 2 reflection
    5.30-6.00 Your TEFL future

• 24/7 access

When it comes to TEFL training, flexibility is key – and this course is accessible day and night, from all devices so that you can log in and out when it suits you. On the bus on your way to work? In the local library? At a cafe? Get a bit of studying in regularly and you’ll be qualified in no time.

• Support

Perhaps the most important thing when you’re studying online is knowing you’ve got access to support when you need it. Our team of dedicated tutors are always on-hand with expert advice and guidance via email, phone or web chat – making it easy for you to get the answers you need, when you need them. Getting TEFL qualified has never been so simple!

Woman on laptop abroad

The UK’s trusted TEFL provider

As the leading examinations and qualifications regulator in the UK, Ofqual certainly know a thing or two about quality training course content. They’ve thoroughly inspected all of our top TEFL Courses and agreed that they are provide top quality training that’ll help you teach English abroad or online. For our students, this regulation from Ofqual means that they’ll receive the best TEFL training around, plus respected employers all around the world will recognise a TEFL certificate from i-to-i, so plenty of TEFL jobs are up for grabs for our graduates!

Ofqual regulated icon

Who are Ofqual?

Ofqual is the British exam watchdog and their job is to ensure qualifications awarded are of the highest standard. An Ofqual stamp of approval on your qualification will be recognised worldwide and is highly respected by employers, pushing your resume to the top of the pile and getting you your dream TEFL job!

ODLQC logo

Did you know?

We’ve also received independent accreditation from the ODLQC (Open & Distance Learning Quality Council) which is recognised by employers across the globe giving you a qualification which will give you the best start on your TEFL journey.

Expert tutor support

Meet our highly qualified, super experienced tutors! They’re all experts in teaching English as a foreign language and here to offer detailed feedback, support and advice throughout your studies.

Academic director
Emily John

Academic Director

Gayle Norman TEFL tutor
Gayle Norman

TEFL Tutor

TEFL Tutor, Hayley
Hailey Fliegelman

TEFL Tutor

TEFL tutor, Paul
Paul Myers

TEFL Tutor

Penny Campbell

TEFL Tutor

TEFL tutor, Annie
Annie da Silva

TEFL Tutor

TEFL tutor, Stephen
Stephen Maule

TEFL Tutor

TEFL tutor, Tracy
Tracy Robinson

TEFL Tutor

TEFL tutor, Anna
Anna Britton

TEFL Tutor

TEFL tutor, Teresa
Teresa Jacobs

TEFL Tutor

TEFL tutor, Peter
Peter Bowdery

TEFL Tutor

TEFL tutor, Meryl
Meryl Burgess

TEFL Tutor

TEFL tutor, Lindsey
Lindsey Cottle

TEFL Tutor

FAQs: Answered

• Q: Can I take this course if I don't have a degree?

Yes! There are no qualification requirements for our 170 Hour Combined TEFL Course - we'll provide all of the training you need. TEFL is an accessible career option for anyone who can speak English fluently, so get enrolled and get ready to kick-start your new career!

• Q: How long will it take me to complete this course?

How long it takes to complete depends on how much time you can commit to studying each day / week. You'll get 10 weeks to complete the first part of the Course (the 120 Hour Online TEFL Course) and then a further 3 weeks to complete the 30-hour Become an Online Tutor Add-On.

The classroom course only takes two days to complete - and this can be taking during or after your online training,

• Q: What if I can't attend the classroom dates or locations given?

If you don't live nearby to any of our training course venues, don't worry! We have a whole range of Online TEFL Courses which don't require any time in the classroom. Our 150 Hour Online TEFL Course will give you all of the same training as this course, just without the 20 hours of in-class learning.

Friends laughing right rip
Friends laughing
Phone icon

Support with a smile

From our friendly TEFL Experts to our DELTA-qualified tutors; our whole squad is passionate about providing excellent customer service – and we’ll be there for you on every step of your TEFL journey.

Certificate icon

Worldwide recognition

Here at i-to-i, we’ve built a very strong name for ourselves in the industry. So, not only will your qualification be respected and recognised, it’ll be favoured by employers around the globe.

Hero icon

Experience and expertise

Established in 1994, we’re the longest-standing TEFL Course provider in the world. Our graduates number over 210,000 and we even pioneered the first ever online and weekend TEFL Courses.

FIND US

i-to-i TEFL
Suite 2, Chantry House, Victoria Road,
Leeds,West Yorkshire, LS5 3JB,
United Kingdom

i-to-i TEFL is a part of Teach and Travel Group Ltd.
Registered Company No. 7935847.