With just one month left of the internship, we’ve been following the story of British couple Claire and Anthony, who have been teaching English in Wuxi as part of the China TEFL internship. If you’ve been following their blog, Tolovetolive, you’ll have been keeping up to date with their highs and lows of the internship (although thankfully there have been considerably more highs than lows!)
You can find out here what Claire and Anthony’s new home, Wuxi is like, take a tour of their school AND see a sneak peak of them each taking a class! Once the internship finishes, Claire and Anthony will be volunteering in Nepal, India, Sri Lanka and South Africa!
If you’re considering teaching English on the China TEFL internship, here’s what you can expect:
1. 140 hour Professional TEFL certificate (you complete the 120 hour online aspect before you fly out, and then conduct the 20 hour practical aspect in Beijing with fellow interns)
2. 5 month guaranteed teaching placement
3. In-country support with our expert partners ImmerQi – many of the staff have taken part in the TEFL internship before, so will know exactly what you’re going through and the type of questions/concerns you may have!
4. An excellent monthly allowance of 2,500 RMB – more than any other internship provider!
5. FREE accommodation, shared with a fellow intern
6. Free meals at school Monday-Friday
7. Visa assistance – ImmerQi will sort it all out for you!
8. Airport pick up and transfers to school
9. Comprehensive 7 day orientation in China – in addition to your practical training you’ll get to learn Mandarin, try Tai Chi and discover the Great Wall amongst many other things!
10. A network of new friends, with interns hailing from all over the world
11. Post internship opportunities – previous interns have secured teaching contracts in China or in other countries, gone travelling, or started a new, exciting career back home… you literally could do anything after the internship!
If you want to find out more about the China internship, be sure to download our guide or alternatively, you can keep up with Claire and Anthony’s travelling adventures on their blog!