Mountain villages, colourful markets, motorcycle adventures, deserted beaches and all the noodles you could ever want... there's much more to Vietnam than you might think. Why not make it your home for a while?
NEW - High monthly living allowance. During the internship you will receive a monthly living allowance of $800 - this is equivalent to an excellent teaching salary in Vietnam!
With in-country support, no experience necessary and loads more, this is your chance to get to know the real Vietnam for 5 incredible months that you'll never forget.
So find out all about this amazing new internship opportunity today. Make sure you download your free guide to the ELC Teach in Vietnam Internship today!
Call us or request a call back to find out more.
How the Internship Works
i-to-i has teamed up with ELC to provide you with the best of both worlds on this internship: tip top TEFL training from i-to-i plus a reputable TEFL internship program in Vietnam from ELC! Best of both worlds you might say!
Before You Arrive in Vietnam
If you're not already qualified, i-to-i can provide you with extensive TEFL training to make sure you’re all set for your first day in the classroom. i-to-i can provide you with:
- A Professional TEFL Certificate (140 Hours)
- Instructions on the next steps to complete your application for the ELC Program
Once you've sent your application form and documentation through to ELC, they'll work with you directly to organize your internship placement, sort your visa and make sure you have all the information you need to arrive in Vietnam full of confidence and ready to teach!
When You Arrive in Vietnam
As an expert in organizing cultural programs in Vietnam, ELC's TEFL internship will give you the opportunity to spend an extended length of time living and working in Vietnam, while also racking up those hours of real teaching experience. Here's what you get:
- A reputable 5 month internship in Vietnam with ELC
- In-country support This is where you'll see the benefit of travelling on an internship program. ELC are there to support you during your placement, whatever should happen. You'll also have a local contact at your school to help you with any issues
- Monthly spending allowance You'll receive a monthly allowance of US$800, that’s a higher allowance than any other TEFL internship and will allow a very comfortable life in Vietnam. Your allowance will be paid in equivalent Vietnamese Dong.
- End of contract bonus US$250 bonus from your school at the end of your internship. Many of our teachers use this to help fund a post contract trip around the rest of South East Asia!
- Accommodation arranged and provided free of charge You'll have a private bedroom in a shared house or apartment with other interns
- Comprehensive one-week orientation in Vietnam ELC will run you through the essentials of living and teaching in Vietnam, including in-depth presentations and workshops to ensure you're ready to start teaching in Vietnam. ELC will also provide you with all of your meals during your orientation period
- 2 days of practical TEFL training When you arrive in Vietnam, i-to-i will provide you with the 20-hour Classroom Course during your orientation program - this way you can be sure that these essential, practical skills stay fresh in your mind!
- Fun Vietnamese lessons You'll have conversational Vietnamese lessons during your orientation to give you basic language skills to enjoy day-to-day life in Vietnam
- Explore Vietnam On arrival in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh, you'll go on a tour of the city with our ELC partners! After your tour you'll also have one free afternoon to explore - use your time to discover yummy Vietnamese street food and explore the bustling Asian streets - or if you'd prefer you can join our staff on a visit to a local market. If you're still not tired then get ready for the evening entertainment ‘Vietnam style’, it's the perfect chance to get to know the other interns (and make some good friends)!
- Airport pick up and transfers to your school
- Visa assistance ELC will help arrange your visa.
- A network of new friends You'll be joined by interns from the USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand, and you'll also definitely be placed with at least one other intern so you're not on your own - unless you want to be!
Important Visa Information:
You'll enter Vietnam on a 3-month business visa sponsored by your school. ELC will send you a visa letter which you use to get your Vietnam visa through a Vietnamese consulate in your home country.
After 3 months your visa will be extended in-country through sponsorship by your school. When you arrive in Vietnam your school will apply for a work permit for you.
The visa extension and work permit cost is US$250 which is payable in cash during orientation week.
What you need to do the internship:
- A Professional TEFL Certificate (140 Hours) - We can help you get TEFL trained if you haven't started yet. If you're already TEFL certified, call our TEFL experts to discuss your options
- To be able to arrive in Vietnam on January 9th 2016 and stay until May 31st 2016
- To have completed a full University degree
- To be aged between 20 and 35 years old
- To hold a full police check from your home country
- To hold a passport from the UK, USA, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, or Canada
- To be a native English speaker or have an advanced level of English e.g. minimum IELTS 7.0.
- A sense of adventure and an open mind!
What you don’t need!
- You don't need to be able to speak Vietnamese! As an English language teacher, the best thing you can do is create a totally English-speaking atmosphere for your students. ELC will still provide you with the basic Vietnamese skills to get you through your day
- No previous teaching experience necessary - this program is designed for total TEFL beginners!