The South Africa TEFL Experience is an amazing chance to get acquainted with picture-perfect, multi-cultural Cape Town. Spend your weekends trekking Table Mountain, surfing the waves and exploring the gorgeous winelands, and get rewarding hands-on experience teaching English in a school in Fish Hoek, a peaceful suburb.
Over the two months I have had an unbelievable time, easily some of the best experiences of my life. But there will be one thing which stands out amongst all of our meals, treks, activities, teaching, and mini adventures; some of the best moments over the last two months were made or made better by the people we spent them with.
Craig, South Africa
I never want to leave and you can’t make me! Each day that has past I have fallen more and more in love with South Africa and felt more and more at home. Friendships have grown stronger, the weather has got warmer and teaching has got easier.
Rachel, South Africa
I couldn’t have asked for a better end to my adventure in South Africa, and would recommend any South African teachers to take part in the Kruger trip. You will see breath-taking sights and animals which you may not ever get a chance to see again! A once in a lifetime opportunity!
Megan, South Afric
Arrival in South Africa
Welcome to South Africa!
Your teaching experience
During teaching, your evenings and weekends are yours to enjoy – there are loads of things to do and see in South Africa, with fantastic food and drink wherever you turn and gorgeous landscapes, beaches and outdoor pursuits waiting to be explored.
Kruger safari trip
Before you go
What you need:
- Be fluent in English
- Be aged 18+
- Be ready for an adventure teaching English abroad
What you don't need:
- Prior teaching experience
- A second language
- 120 Hour Online TEFL Qualification
- Advice & pre-departure preparation
- Airport pick-up & in-country transfers
- Orientation and tour of Masiphumelele township
- Great shared intern house in peaceful Fish Hoek
- 8 weeks’ teaching experience
- Optional 3 day Kruger National Park Big 5 safari (additional cost: £250)
- Full in-country support throughout
What's not included?
- Flights – international & internal
- Police check
- Meals & extra spending £35/$60 a week
- Travel insurance