Discover the enchanting landscapes of Vietnam
Live and teach alongside your fellow interns
Teach English in the local community
Learn all about Vietnamese culture in your orientation
Take weekend trips to some of the world's most amazing locations
Benefit from expert in-country support throughout
Get to know the other interns over a welcome meal
Explore special historic sites and temples
Experience traditional festivals and events
Sample traditional Vietnamese foods like phở and bún chả
Our paid TEFL internship in Vietnam is a great way to discover this amazing country’s unique and diverse culture. Living in the local community and teaching in a school in a major city, you’ll get to check out lively villages, snap pictures at Halong Bay, party in lively bars and gorge on traditional phō and bún cha in your spare time. You’ll get a great monthly allowance and receive expert support throughout.
Travel in to Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi airport (depending on the placement you are given) and a member of our in-country team will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel, where you’ll remain for orientation week.
Welcome to Vietnam!
Your orientation week is a great chance to get to grips with the country that will be your home for the next few months. Meet the other teachers over a welcome meal, learn about Vietnamese culture and history and even pick up some basic Vietnamese to tide you over. You’ll also spend 2 days learning practical TEFL teaching tips, and enjoy an interesting tour around your host city – the perfect chance to get some expert tips.
Your teaching experience
Now it’s time to put your TEFL learning to the test! Your 4.5 month teaching experience gives you an amazing chance to get rewarding hands-on teaching experience in a major Vietnamese city.
You’ll be teaching learners of all ages, from 4 to 18 years old (you will have the chance to express a preference in age group), so there is plenty of opportunity to make the teaching experience count. Your monthly living allowance of $700 is really generous, and will enable you to live comfortably during your internship. You’ll share comfortable accommodation with your fellow teachers, and there’s a canteen at your school that will serve hot, nutritious food.
Most of your weekends are yours to spend as you please, so we recommend getting out there and exploring the local area – check out temples, take a boat trip, and gorge on some of the delicious, affordable street food that Vietnam’s famous for.
After your teaching experience you’ll get your completion bonus, and it’s up to you how to spend your time. Why not explore the rest of Vietnam? Alternatively, if you are interested in continuing to teach in Vietnam our in-country partners can help organise this.
Before you go
What you need:
- Be fluent in English
- Be aged between 20-35
- Hold a University degree
- To be a native English speaker with a passport from the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Be ready for an adventure teaching English abroad
What you don't need:
- Prior teaching experience
- A second language
You’ll need to be fully TEFL trained to teach in Vietnam – but with our 140 Hour TEFL Course included in the price, we’ve got you covered.
- 120 hours online TEFL training – study anywhere, on any device and get the skills you need to teach English confidently.
- 20 hours classroom TEFL training – Spend 2 days getting practical TEFL experience with your fellow travellers in Vietnam.
What will I need to organise?
Before you travel, there are a few things you need to sort. Keep things easy for yourself and don’t leave them ‘til the last minute!
- International Flights: You’ll need return flights to either Hanoi (HAN) or Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) airport, depending which programme you are on.
- Visas: Either $50 for single entry or $100 for multiple entry 3 month business visa (when purchased at the airport in-country). Subject to Embassy fees if purchased before departure.
- Visa extension and work permit: $250 payable in cash in-country.
- Police check: Approximately £45 for an ACRO in the UK. This must be clean!
- Budget: You’ll need to cover costs for extra meals, excursions etc – about £20-£40/$30-$55 a week should suffice.
- Travel insurance: this is really important – dont forget to sort yours before you travel! Travel insurance can be complicated – so click here for some great advice from our friends at the FCO.
- 140 hours of TEFL training
- Advice & pre-departure preparation
- Visa support
- Airport pick-up & transfers
- Orientation week (meals included)
- Tour of Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi, depending on placement
- Vietnamese lessons
- 4.5 months’ teaching experience
- $700 monthly living allowance during teaching and $700 bonus on completion
- Ongoing in-country support
- Employment opportunities after your internship
- Certificate and reference on request
What's not included?
- Visas and visa administration fees
- Police check: Approximately £45 for an ACRO in the UK (must be clean)
- Budget: Approximately £20 – £40 per week
- Travel insurance: this is essential – sort yours before you go!