Excellent training and support with a large teaching community, great opportunities for adventure! 4.5 stars on Glassdoor!
York English is located in Fuzhou, the capital city of Fujian Province. We have six schools located in the downtown and have over 90 full-time native English speaking teachers and over 4,500 students.
We're looking for motivated and enthusiastic teachers with or without experience to join our growing team of international teachers in the southern Chinese cities of Fuzhou, Xiamen and Shenzhen.
As a teacher you are responsible for planning and delivering fun and interesting classes for students aged 3-16. You'll have plenty of training and support allowing to you make a difference to the lives of our students.
Teaching for an an average of 18 hours a week you'll have plenty of opportunities to hone your skills, learn Mandarin and explore this amazing country!
Since York English was started in 2003 we have had the aim of doing ESL differently than other schools in China. Here at York, the quality of the education we provide matters. We aim to provide students with creative, engaging, and educational lessons that will allow them to develop their language skills in a safe and supportive environment that is western-managed.
We support our teachers in every way possible. From 2 weeks of orientation when you arrive to ongoing training and development in your first year and beyond. We believe that giving this to our teachers is reflected in our students. If you have the support you need, your students will learn more and will love English.
What do we want from our teacher? Simply put, we want you to make sure our students learn AND have fun while doing it. We want you to plan creative and interesting classes and then deliver them with enthusiasm.
• A first year salary of 8,500 RMB – 13,500 RMB based on experience and location
• Free shared accommodation or a housing allowance of 2,000-4,000 RMB per month based on location
• Flight reimbursement of 8,000 RMB
• A total of roughly six weeks paid holiday including all Chinese public holidays, Christmas, an end of summer break, and two weeks private leave
• A working visa, with lots of support and assistance from our dedicated team and costs covered by the school
• Free Chinese Lessons
• Our students are aged 3-16 years old and class sizes are limited to a maximum of 16
• We teach an average of 15-18 teaching hours a week , leaving you lots of free time to enjoy your hobbies
• Opportunities for advancement as our school grows
• Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher
• Have a TEFL / TESOL / or CELTA certificate (120 hours)
• Be from a native English speaking country (USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand)
• Be energetic and engaging in the classroom
• Be passionate about teaching English in China
Native English speaker