Starts October 2014
Floating street markets, gorgeous beaches, incredible cultures… Why wouldn’t you make Thailand your new home away from home?
With no experience necessary, full in-country support, accommodation and a monthly living allowance… Thailand is the perfect place to start your TEFL adventure!
So make sure you download your free guide to the TTT Teach in Thailand Internship today!
Please note: a university degree is required for visa purposes.
How the Internship Works
i-to-i has teamed up with Teach and Travel Thailand to combine our TEFL course with their internship program especially for people with no previous TEFL experience. After receiving comprehensive TEFL training from i-to-i, you'll jet off to Thailand in October 2014 for five to five and a half months of amazing teaching experiences, all supported by the TTT team.
Before You Set Off to Thailand
If you're not already qualified, i-to-i will give you extensive TEFL training to make sure you’re ready to face your first day in the classroom. We'll provide you with:
- 140 hours of comprehensive TEFL training, including a hands-on 20 Hour Classroom TEFL Course in Bangkok
- Expert tutor advice and tips from the i-to-i TEFL team
- Instructions on the next steps to complete your application for the internship program
Once you’ve sent your application form and documentation through to Teach and Travel Thailand, they will work with you directly to organize your internship placement, arrange your visa and make sure you have all the information you need to arrive in Thailand full of confidence and ready to teach!
When You Arrive in Thailand
The Teach and Travel Thailand team, who works with schools across Thailand, will have already arranged a reputable internship position for you. When you arrive it'll just be a case of settling in, seeing the sights of Bangkok and getting prepared for the teaching ahead. Check out what you get:
- A reputable internship set up for you You’ll be placed with at least one other intern at your placement
- A monthly spending allowance for your living expenses You'll receive a 12,000 Thai Baht every month as a living allowance. You’ll also receive a completion bonus of 5,000 THB at the end of the program
- Accommodation provided You'll live in a private bedroom in shared accommodation
- Full in-country support With airport pickup and transfers, a full orientation upon arrival and a school contact to help you get settled, you’ll get all the support you need from the minute your plane touches down!
- Fantastic 6-day orientation Your chance to mingle with other interns, enjoy a welcome dinner, get a taste for Thai culture and see the sights on a free city tour of Bangkok!
- A network of new friends: fellow interns from around the world You’ll be joined by interns from the US, UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand!
What you need to do the internship:
- 140 hours of TEFL training (if you’re already TEFL qualified, just call our TEFL team to discuss your options!)
- To be a native English speaker
- To have a full university degree and be aged between 21 and 45
- To be able to arrive in Thailand 11th October and stay until March/April 2015
- To hold a passport from one of the following countries: UK, USA, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand or Canada
- To have a sense of adventure and be up for a challenge!
- To pay 15,000 Baht for your teacher's license waiver, work permit and visa extension upon arrival. TTT also require a refundable 5,000 THB accommodation deposit upon arrival.
What you don’t need!
- You don't need to be able to speak Thai – as an English language teacher, the best thing you can do is create a totally English-speaking atmosphere for your students
- You don't need any previous teaching experience. This program welcomes total TEFL beginners!