Starts October 2015
Floating street markets, gorgeous beaches, incredible cultures… Why wouldn’t you make Thailand your new home away from home?
How the Internship Works
i-to-i has teamed up with Global Education Solutions (GES) to combine our TEFL course with their internship program especially for people with no previous TEFL experience. After receiving comprehensive TEFL training from i-to-i, you'll jet off to Thailand in October 2015 for five to five and a half months of amazing teaching experiences, all supported by the GES team.
Why do you work with GES?
We chose GES because they are quite simply the best at TEFL internships. There are plenty of other companies who offer teaching placements across Asia, but GES really do know exactly how to deliver a first class, fully immersive and rewarding experience.
Global Education Solutions have an excellent track record in providing fantastic intern experiences in Thailand.
We partner with GES because:
- GES provide full support & guidance. GES Program coordinators are in constant contact and on hand every step of the way to assist and help you throughout the internship duration.
- GES ensure interns are fully prepared for their teaching adventure. They provide training in local Thai custom, culture, law, basic Thai language and education system at the beginning of the internship. This is to ensure that you are well prepared for an easy transition to settle, live & work in a new environment, culture & country.
- GES possess excellent relationship with schools all over Thailand which will provide you with the best opportunities in teaching experiences, and living in places with natural beauty, historical locations and modern development.
- GES have a proven record for quality service delivery ensuring that i-to-i interns will have an enjoyable, rewarding and memorable stay in Thailand!
Before You Set Off to Thailand
If you're not already qualified, i-to-i will give you extensive TEFL training to make sure you’re ready to face your first day in the classroom. We'll provide you with:
- A Professional TEFL Certificate (140 Hours)
- Instructions on the next steps to complete your application for the internship program
Once you’ve sent your application form and documentation through to GES, they will work with you directly to organize your internship placement, arrange your visa and make sure you have all the information you need to arrive in Thailand full of confidence and ready to teach!
When You Arrive in Thailand
The Global Education Solutions team, who works with schools across Thailand, will have already arranged a reputable internship position for you. When you arrive it'll just be a case of settling in, seeing the sights of Bangkok and getting prepared for the teaching ahead. Check out what you get:
- A reputable internship set up for you You’ll be placed with at least one other intern at your placement
- A monthly spending allowance for your living expenses You'll receive a 16,000 Thai Baht every month as a living allowance.
- Accommodation provided You'll live in a private bedroom in shared accommodation
- Full in-country support With airport pickup and transfers, a full orientation upon arrival and a school contact to help you get settled, you’ll get all the support you need from the minute your plane touches down!
- Fantastic 5-day orientation Your chance to mingle with other interns, enjoy a welcome dinner, get a taste for Thai culture and see the sights on a free city tour of Bangkok!
- A network of new friends: fellow interns from around the world You’ll be joined by interns from the US, UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand!
What you need to do the internship:
- Professional TEFL Certificate (140 Hours) - If you're already TEFL qualified, just call our TEFL team to discuss your options
- To be a native English speaker
- To have a full university degree and be aged between 21 and 45
- To be able to arrive in Thailand October 11th 2015 and stay until March 31st 2016
- To complete the 120 hour online course before September 13th 2015 - the remaining 20 hours of training take place in Bangkok
- To hold a passport from one of the following countries: UK, USA, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand or Canada
- To have a sense of adventure and be up for a challenge!
- To pay 16,000 Baht for your teacher's license waiver, work permit and visa extension upon arrival. GES also require a refundable 5,000 THB accommodation deposit upon arrival.
- Suitable travel insurance (i-to-i can help, just ask!)
What you don’t need!
- You don't need to be able to speak Thai – as an English language teacher, the best thing you can do is create a totally English-speaking atmosphere for your students
- You don't need any previous teaching experience. This program welcomes total TEFL beginners!