February 2014 arrivals Sold Out! Want to join the next one? Download the guide below to get on the contact list!
Experience eastern Europe as a true local by jetting off to Poland in February 2014 to spend 5.5 amazing months teaching English!
i-to-i has teamed up with Poland's Speed School of English, so you can get all the training and support you need to start teaching English with confidence on the Teach in Poland Internship!
So find out all about the internship. Make sure you download your free guide to the Teach in Poland Internship today!
How the Internship Works
Before You Arrive in Poland
If you're not already TEFL certified, i-to-i can give you extensive TEFL training, to make sure you're prepared for your first day in the classroom. i-to-i can provide you with:
- 140 hours of in-depth TEFL training
- Expert tutor advice and tips
- Guidance on the next steps to complete your application for the Speed Internship Program
Once you've sent your application form and documents to the Speed School of English, they'll work with you directly to organize your internship placement, arrange your visa and make sure you have all the information you need to arrive in Poland with loads of confidence and ready to teach!
When You Arrive in Poland
As one of the largest chains of language schools in Poland, the Speed School of English are experts in providing top-class English language tuition to their students. Their internship program has been developed with new teachers in mind, offering you the perfect mix of travel and TEFL.
Here's what you get:
- A reputable internship set up for you 5.5 months teaching at a school in Poland and over 400 hours of hands-on TEFL experience
- 24/7 in-country support The Speed School of English are there to support you during your placement, whatever should happen. You'll also have a local contact at your school to help you sort any issues
- Monthly spending allowance You'll receive a living allowance of 7500 Polish Zlotys (PLN) split into 5 monthly instalments, and receive a 1000 PLN bonus from your school at the end of your internship
- Accommodation provided You'll have your own private bedroom in a shared apartment with other Speed interns or teachers
- Comprehensive 2-week orientation Speed School of English will run you through the essentials of living and working in Poland, including in-depth workshops and practice sessions to ensure you're ready to start teaching. You'll also get the chance to visit the historic city of Krakow during your orientation
- Focused teacher development program You'll take part in in-house training sessions, workshops and be observed frequently to help you refine your teaching skills
- Fun Polish lessons You'll be provided with the basics of Polish to help you with your daily life – don't worry you won't be expected to speak Polish during your lessons!
- Airport pick up and transfers to your school
What you need to do the internship:
- 140 hours of TEFL training
- To be able to arrive in Poland on 17th February and stay for 5.5 months
- To be a native English speaker
- To have completed a full university degree
- To be between 23 and 35 years of age (if you don't fall into this age range call us to discuss your options - you may still be able to apply)
- A passport from the UK, Ireland, US, Canada, Australia or New Zealand
- A sense of adventure, an open mind, and a willingness to work hard! Remember that things may work unexpectedly overseas so it’s important to be flexible!
What you don’t need!
- You don't need to be able to speak Polish! As an English language teacher, the best thing you can do is create a totally English-speaking atmosphere for your students. Speed School of English will still provide you with some handy Polish words and phrases to help with your day-to-day life in Poland.
- No previous teaching experience necessary - this program is designed for total TEFL beginners! However, you will need to demonstrate an understanding of your TEFL training and enthusiasm for teaching during your skype interview.