Deadline extended to December 13th 2013! Download the guide below to find out how to apply - Hurry though as places are filling fast!
You can explore the ancient sights of China, get plenty of in-country support and earn cash teaching English in China. There’s so much for you to gain and give across your 5 months teaching in China, so get your bags packed and head to China in February 2014! Just check out the video on the right to get a taste for what awaits you on the Teach in China Internship!
Find out all about the internship by downloading your free guide today!
How the Internship Works!
i-to-i has teamed up with TTC, the 2011 winner of the ASEAN Outstanding Business Awards, to provide you with the best of both worlds on this internship: top notch TEFL training from i-to-i and a reputable TEFL internship program in China from TTC!
Before You Arrive:
If you're not already qualified, i-to-i can provide you with extensive TEFL training, to make sure you’re prepared for your first day in the classroom. i-to-i can provide you with:
- 140 hours of extensive TEFL training You’ll complete the online element at home and the 20 hour Classroom Course right in China!
- Expert tutor guidance and advice
- Instructions on how to complete your application for the TTC Program
After sending your application form and documents through to TTC, they will help you to get everything organized, sort your visa and make sure you have all the information and confidence you need!
When You Arrive in China:
As an expert in organizing cultural programs in China, TTC’s TEFL internship will give you the opportunity to spend an extended length of time in China, while also racking up those hours of real teaching experience. Here’s what you get:
- A reputable 5 month internship in China You’ll get over 200 hours of practical teaching experience
- In-country support + local support This is the biggest benefit of the internship program as TTC will support you throughout the placement and you’ll also have a local contact at your school to help you with any issues
- Monthly spending allowance and bonus You’ll receive an allowance of 2,000RMB every month plus a 2,500 RMB bonus at the end of your internship. This allowance will be prorated (if you were to work half a month, for example, you’ll receive half a month's allowance). Please remember that the cost of living in China is considerably lower than that in western parts of the world!
- Accommodation + food on weekdays You’ll have a private bedroom in shared accommodation and receive all meals Mon – Fri at your school, or a meal allowance
- Comprehensive 7 day orientation in China TTC will run you through the essentials of living and teaching in China, including in-depth presentations and workshops to ensure you’re ready to start teaching in China. TTC will also provide you with all of your meals during this period
- 2 days of practical TEFL training i-to-i will provide you with the 20-hour Classroom Course – so these essential, practical skills stay fresh in your mind!
- One day tour of Beijing This is your chance to see the Great Wall, the Ming Tombs an incredible acrobatic show and much more!
- Airport pick up and transfers to your school
- Visa assistance TTC will help arrange your visa.
- A network of new friends You’ll be joined by interns from around the world, and you’ll definitely be placed with at least one other intern so you’re not on your own - unless you want to be!
- You'll also get Exclusive Online Mandarin lessons before you travel! TTC will provide you with additional online Mandarin training before you jet off to help you with your day-to-day life in China!
What you need to do the internship:
- Be ready to arrive to arrive in China on February 5th 2014 and stay until July 15th 2014
- You must be a native English speaker
- You must hold a full police check from your home country
- Completion of high school/secondary school is required
- To be between the ages of 20 and 55
- 140 hours of TEFL training (from i-to-i). If you're already TEFL certified, call our TEFL experts to discuss your options
- The 120 hour online element of your training before January 5th 2014 - the remaining 20 hours of training take place in China
- You must have a UK, USA, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand or Canada passport
- A sense of adventure and an open mind!
What you don’t need!
- You don’t need to be able to speak Mandarin! As an English language teacher, the best thing you can do is create a totally English-speaking atmosphere for your students. TTC will still provide you with the basic Mandarin skills to get you through your day
- No previous teaching experience necessary - this program is designed for total TEFL beginners!
Questions? Call the TEFL team.