Volunteering with us?
To help you get extra organised, we’ve completed a kit list to ensure that you don’t forget those all important items:
- A decent, hard wearing backpack with waist support: Go for comfort not fashion – trust us!
- Durable walking shoes/boots: To look after your feet during any exciting explorations.
- Walking sandals: For warmer weather/beach walking.
- The usual wash bag necessities: Insect repellent, sun protection and aftersun. If you do get any nasty insect bites, you’ll need to sort them out!
- Aluminium Mug: Perfect for when you’re gasping for a cup of tea, or after a late night noodle snack.
- Light weight travel sleeping bag: Ideal for when you’ll need an extra layer, or for when you’re sleeping outside
- Travel sized first aid kit: For all your light medical needs.
- Waterproof jacket: As we can almost guarantee that it will pour down at some point on your travels!
- Pen and paper: To jot down all of your adventures whilst you’re away
- Emergency toilet roll/tissues: Enough said!
- Travel towel: They dry much quicker than normal towels, and can roll up smaller too.
- Hand wash laundry detergent: Available in travel size. If you are travelling independently after your volunteering experience, it’s good to come prepared.
- (If you’re camping) Tent & Camping Equipment
We’ve often found that it’s cheaper to buy clothes on your travels too, so it’s always worth allowing a little bit of extra room in your backpack in case you do want to bring anything back with you.